Login    Register

Very Alarming!

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Very Alarming!

Postby Sumo » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:17 pm

I got a phone call at work last night from my honey saying that the scoob alarm was going off, so while still on the phone I talked her through what to do, to cut a long story short the alarm would'nt turn off. So I drove home to see if I could sort problem out, after opening the garage door I could not switch the alarm off either, but the central locking would'nt work and the interior light was on aswell.
I unlocked the door with the key, then it dawned on me that the interior light was'nt on, it was the drivers side map reading light, the self same one that I had used on sunday night!!!!!!!!! so its a flat battery thats caused the alarm to go off.
With the alarm still making a god-awful din I connected the battery charger and then after a while the alarm stopped and the central locking came to life. I then cable-tied the bonnet alarm switch shut and left it on charge all night, now all is back to normal, so the moral of the story is, DONT BE A KNOB AND LEAVE LIGHTS ON, YOU'RE SCOOB DOES'NT LIKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Sumo

Postby jaycee » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:26 pm

HA HA HA HA HA!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Excellent!! I think Dave has done something similar. It must be something in the York air! :lol: :lol:
jaycee

Postby chris » Thu Nov 25, 2004 12:34 pm

Don't do what i did yesterday.

We went out to go to the shops. I couldn't find my house keys. I looked everywhere. In the end i found them in my garage door. The door was open! :roll:
chris

Postby D3ave » Thu Nov 25, 2004 3:45 pm

Jaycee wrote:HA HA HA HA HA!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Excellent!! I think Dave has done something similar. It must be something in the York air! :lol: :lol:

YUP!!!!!! :oops: :oops: :oops: Thanks Jaycee,

I did get a new Varta out of it though,

D3ave
D3ave

Postby Chris SGT » Thu Nov 25, 2004 4:02 pm

These cars have a weird charging system, the battery does not charge whilst just driving around, The charge will kick in something is turned on eg air con/fan or sidelights.
Subaru Salesman, www.sgt.co.uk
Chris SGT

Postby chris » Thu Nov 25, 2004 5:19 pm

That is odd. If i've only beeen using the car for shoort runs i normally turn everything off. I'll run everything now!
chris

Postby Millie » Fri Nov 26, 2004 6:10 pm

Did not start mine for 2 weeks, tried to start it and the same thing happened, I was aware of the charging issue from the STIPPP i had so I had been driving with side lights on. Subaru Assist chap advised to fit a trickle charge unit to the batter, have the connector attached to the grill and then it is easy to plug in when you know you are not going to use the car.
Millie

Return to General Scooby Chat