Login    Register

For sale in Auto Trader.

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
For sale in Auto Trader.

Postby chris » Sat Sep 25, 2004 11:28 pm

Number 254, i think it was ( didn't buy the mag, just read it in W H Smiths LOL :lol: )
chris

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Sun Sep 26, 2004 3:26 pm

I'm still dithering over whether to change up to a Noble 3R ... test drive might sway it. Maybe it's because I haven't had the scoob for 2 months that I'm getting an itchy wallet - can't wait to get my baby back!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby jaycee » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:08 pm

Hey Gangsta, how come you've not had the scoob for 2 months?

Jason
jaycee

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:19 pm

It's been back at the dealers being repaired.

The rear end flew out on me big style whilst on a roundabout near to where I live. Hit the curb at 30mph :x Loads of gunk on me rear wheels - may have been what caused it to slide.

Get it back next week though ... hopefully!!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby jaycee » Sun Sep 26, 2004 5:22 pm

Are they fixing it in the dark????? 2 months, I hope it's a fixed price and not an hourly rate!! :lol: :lol:

Jason
jaycee

Postby ady » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:04 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:It's been back at the dealers being repaired.

The rear end flew out on me big style whilst on a roundabout near to where I live. Hit the curb at 30mph :x Loads of gunk on me rear wheels - may have been what caused it to slide.

Same thing happened to me last week!! went over a curb and destroyed both front wheels. Trouble is it was down to me! and as they say " the devil makes work for idle thumbs!" yes i was playing with the dccd. Wont do that again. :(
ady

Postby chris » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:10 pm

ady wrote:
Gangsta Smurf wrote:It's been back at the dealers being repaired.

Same thing happened to me last week!! went over a curb and destroyed both front wheels. Trouble is it was down to me! and as they say " the devil makes work for idle thumbs!" yes i was playing with the dccd. Wont do that again. :(

That's not good. How much damage did you do, was it just the front wheels?

Chris
chris

Postby ady » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:13 pm

So far as i can see its just the front wheels and tyres but untill it goes to garage who knows??? Looked all around it and nothing is out of place or leaking so fingers crossed.

As this is the for sale section anyone want any front wheels " v shaped " :D
ady

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:50 pm

jaycee wrote:Are they fixing it in the dark????? 2 months, I hope it's a fixed price and not an hourly rate!! :lol: :lol:

Jason

The wheel and suspension were easy enough but it's all the little bits that got mashed up from such an impact. As my luck would have it the parts all are on backorder from Japan - hence the long wait!!

Ady ... sorry to hear about your's mate. hope it's just the wheels and not all the cr@p that went on mine in addition to the wheels!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby jaycee » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:18 pm

Forgive my ignorance and I'm not taking the piss but doesn't the WR1 just use standard STI parts? Obviously not including dccd and the odd body part.

Jason
jaycee

Postby chris » Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:21 pm

jaycee wrote:Forgive my ignorance and I'm not taking the piss but doesn't the WR1 just use standard STI parts? Obviously not including dccd and the odd body part.

Jason

I thought the body bits were the same as on the STi as well, with the only exception of the mesh grill. Oh and the wheels i guess?

Chris
chris

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Sun Sep 26, 2004 8:18 pm

I would have thought that also. But apparantly the bits I broke are like gold-dust.

As long as it's getting fixed i'm cool with waiting. Saving me a fortune at 13 mpg average!!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Cold Turkey » Mon Sep 27, 2004 10:20 am

Gangsta, if you're thinking of trading up after 3 months :shock: I've gotta ask what you do for a livin' ?

those pimp comments I've seen about you were a joke right ? :wink:
Cold Turkey

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:04 pm

I just do some lowly underpaid work in a finance department mate :wink: :wink: :wink:

I am just about to change my job basically and I'm getting a huge hike in the old yearly wonga - which will facilitate the next stage of my ferrari before i'm 25 master plan!!

Stage 1 - cr@p starter car (Proton, i.e. the Smurf)
Stage 2 - Second hand beast (98 Turbo)
Stage 3 - Brand new Impreza (WR1)
Stage 4 - Rear wheel drive, non driver aid sports car (Noble or F355)
Stage 5 - Gleaming new Rousso Red Ferrari 360 or 430 (when they arrive)

Silly little dream of mine but we've all gotta have something to make our lives more interesting!
Gangsta Smurf

Postby Cold Turkey » Mon Sep 27, 2004 1:51 pm

I think we'd all describe ourselves as 'underpaid' :wink:

yes its good to have a plan....and 'finance' covers a lot of areas....I work for Deutsche Bank in the City and earn a good whack.....but the traders can easily add a zero to my annual income

you should come and stand by the DB underground car park exit at the end (or start) of the day .... car heaven !! Lots of Aston Martins, Merc SL55s, Range Rovers, 996tt's, XKRs and a fair few Ferraris aswell.....
Cold Turkey

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Mon Sep 27, 2004 2:35 pm

yeh same here mate. When I took the WR1 in the other month I had it parked next to a luuuurvly 911 Turbo on one side and a brand spanking new CSL on the other side!
Gangsta Smurf

Return to General Scooby Chat