Login    Register

Remap

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Re: Remap

Postby Gary75 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:02 pm

WR1 wrote:I've got boost, oil temp and volts (I know would be better to be oil pressure). Anything I should look out for on the boost? I was surprised how below std it was - will try and find out from Duncan why that was.

Please find out.. I going to contact prodrive if this is the case.... Loosing that much power. bullshit unless the car is f*cked.

Chris B did state he had seen as low as 206 that's 110 down on power :shock:

Or is the mapper giving poor initial results to boost the final results making the car look as though it has gained a significant increase in BHP or is the machine been used giving incorrect results. :bang:

Sorry to offend anyone, it's not meant to come across that way but the standard figures being given before the remap seem ludicrous :!:

If theses are correct results then I to will venture to the dark side and have mine done
Gary75

Postby WR1 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 7:50 pm

You could just see what its running on a RR - but then if your there any way may as well have it done.

In hindsight my first WR1 was quicker, and @ Bruntingthorpe an E46 M3 did me on the straight, other standard WR1s were getting 140 on the straight, I think I may have just got it above 130 which would account for running @ 271. That M3 wont be coming past this year!! :D

That did cross my mind about the initial figures, and still not spoken to Duncan. But I have then I had the boost guage already in the car and it was running at 1.4 bar, would drop back a bit after initial surge. With the new map its seems to be running v similar boost, so I think it has to be the fueling that's changed and ignition. Also from the first graph there's nothing you can hid really, its running up to 6500 and at that its got to close to the limit. Does make you think if the car was closer spec to the STI, but they have the bigger fuel pump which means you can probably do more from a map than the normal STI.

I was very on the fence before about getting the map done. I think it can impact the resale value as before when I've looked at cars and seen the BHP's quotes you just think its been ragged to hell. Only since the Scooby and forums like this have a learned bits and bobs about the process. Seemed like there wasn't a bad word to say about Duncan so it was a bit of a no Brainer.

I'm well chuffed, I'd recommend anyone to do it.
Prodrive - RaceDynamix 346 bhp - WhiteLine - AP Racing - Milltek - Cosworth
WR1

Postby W1 KRB » Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:34 am

Sounds like my standard car at 292bhp was one of the more powerful ones then!
W1 KRB

Postby silver-sonic » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:46 am

Gary75 wrote:Great results but this makes me think as quoted in previous threads these cars never produced 316hp in the first place :(

252HP :wtf: on a standard car........... Have prodrive been telling us porkies :?: mmmm miss selling a product! can we claim compensation to pay for a remap......

Mine goes like stink in standard form but as the results suggest I maybe running 260hp ish, so to gain another 75hp with a remap, the car would be an animal :shock:

is that with launch control on? :P
yours is probably like mine as quoted in sales blurb from factory. :lol:
silver-sonic

Postby Gary75 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:51 am

silver-sonic wrote:
Gary75 wrote:Great results but this makes me think as quoted in previous threads these cars never produced 316hp in the first place :(

252HP :wtf: on a standard car........... Have prodrive been telling us porkies :?: mmmm miss selling a product! can we claim compensation to pay for a remap......

Mine goes like stink in standard form but as the results suggest I maybe running 260hp ish, so to gain another 75hp with a remap, the car would be an animal :shock:

is that with launch control on? :P
yours is probably like mine as quoted in sales blurb from factory. :lol:

Yes with launch control :D
Gary75

Postby Gary75 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:52 pm

W1 KRB wrote:Sounds like my standard car at 292bhp was one of the more powerful ones then!

I would say that was a more realistic drop of 7.5% ( 2hp a year ) for a 10 year old car.

But a drop to 252hp that's a 20.4% decrease in power over the same period given they are of similar mileage and condition?

I would then assume a standard sti would in time fall below the 200hp bracket :o
Gary75

Postby W1 KRB » Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:15 pm

I guess a lot can depend on servicing and mileage too
W1 KRB

Postby WR1 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 pm

Actually - I've been told that the graphs are from the same run - the lower figure being the at the wheels BHP and then the higher is the engine. Means that the difference is about 70 bhp. If you look at your dyno prints where you have the REG there is a number that follows. Both of these if the same are the same run. So mine was run 18 probably of that day or something. Thats still quite some difference in the At the Wheels BHP level.
WR1

Postby asperformance » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:15 pm

personally, i'd be wary of taking random rolling road figures as 'fact'........
ASPerformance
PFC BRAKES, PAGID, MOTUL, FERODO, BREMBO, SPEEDLINE, TRS, MINTEX, PIAA, HELLA
online shop!!
asperformance

Postby WR1 » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:21 pm

Do the RR's differ from place to place? Whats the most accurate way of determining output?

So just looking at SilverSonic's runs and mine both come in with a power loss at the wheels @ 21% give or take.
WR1

Postby Megaman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:42 pm

Hammerhead wrote:Funny you should mention gauges mega, I remember a previous thread you had a set for sale, is that still the case or did you sell them

I still have a defi pod with three gauges up for sale if anyone is interested. One chap came to look at them and noticed the wiring looms / sensors were not there so I assume they were re-used to plum in my toucan and syvecs ecu system. If you are interested in the defi pod and three gauges then happy to send them to the highest bidder on the basis they will need to order the wiring loom and sensors to plum them in. They are fully working so no probs with that. Mine show boost / oil temp / oil pressure.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Megaman » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:46 pm

WR1 wrote:I've got boost, oil temp and volts (I know would be better to be oil pressure). Anything I should look out for on the boost? I was surprised how below std it was - will try and find out from Duncan why that was.

Yes what is it boosting to now?
You need to look out for overboost as that is what blew my 2L engine 3yrs ago. From what I established the map sensor can only read up to a certain boost level. If the boost goes over this level then the maps built in safety routines are ignored and the car does what it likes. Mine often boosted to 2.1bar but I assumed this was normal until I had my issue as I didnt know any different. This is too high for the standard car is what i learnt in hindsite :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby Gary75 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:20 pm

asperformance wrote:personally, i'd be wary of taking random rolling road figures as 'fact'........

If so, then my theory regarding incorrect dyno results in a previous post maybe correct? Whats the margin of error reagrding dyno machine results percentage wise?

When the first WR1 was fitted with the uprated PPP, i would assume prodrive themselves fitted and checked the power output on the first car? Did Prodrive also supply and fit the same packs to the next 499 cars? or did Prodrive supply the PPP to Subaru dealers throughout the country so they could fit the PPP themselves? if the later is the case, this could prove why there maybe a power indifference on some cars, the PPP being fitted and not tested and checked properly? Last dealer i went to never had a rolling road? As Chris B stated back in 2004 they had a dyno day, the cars were new! producing 206 to 212hp if this was the case, i would have been straight back to Subaru, if the results were indeed correct? Youve been sold a product with 316BHP but we have only given you 212BHP thats misselling in my book :nono:

Sorry to rant on, i dont me to offend anyone and good luck to all who have remaps etc, i to will be venturing to the darkside when i get to the bottom of this excessive indifference in power loss or power that wasnt there in the first place :?:
Gary75

Postby chiroman » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:04 pm

chiroman

Postby Gary75 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:27 pm

Very interesting read and comments....... Just confirms my suspicions about rolling roads and incorrect figures especially the Dyno dynamics machine mentioned in the article, giving guesstimate results :suss: I'm leaving mine standard now as the remap not worth the outlay to gain a set of inconclusive misleading figures that can only be used for bragging rights down the pub.

Placebo effect springs to mind... :tumble:

Thanks chairman for that, just what I was looking for before I wasted my money :D
Gary75

Postby WR1 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 12:44 pm

Looks like its running about 1.4 bar Mega
WR1

Postby Megaman » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:09 pm

WR1 wrote:Looks like its running about 1.4 bar Mega

Thats perfect for the standard engine mate so you should be fine with that. Mine started at 1.4bar then would creep in 5th/6th gears up to 2.xbar which is apparently overboost and something that shouldnt happen as its too much stress for a standard engine to take. Im no expert but know that 1.4bar is fine :)
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby reaso » Fri Mar 07, 2014 3:37 pm

I have had my car remapped according to my boost gauge max boost is 1.6 bar in 5th and 6th gears.When giving it the beans off the line 1gear it boosts to approx 1.1 bar 2nd gear 1.2 bar 3gear 1.3 bar 4th gear 1.4 bar all approx figures.My car was mapped on the road in 3rd gear you. Start off at around 2000rpm then floor it the boost will hit approx 1.5bar in 3rd gear,it seems to boost more in all gears in you floor it from lows revs rather than giving it the message off the line hope that makes sense
Does this sound about right I was told it was running 347bhp and 357ib/ft of torque on bp ultimate 97ron as I live in n.irland that's the best we can get over here,mods to the car are d.i.y ported exhaust headers and a Harvey smith up pipe standard exhaust still
reaso

Previous

Return to General Scooby Chat