Login    Register

Magnex or not?

General discussion about Scoobs.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Magnex or not?

Postby WR1Lee » Sun Sep 19, 2004 12:42 am

Hi All

Do you think it would be an advantage to change the exhaust on my WR1 to a Magnex system that I had on my STi8 which consists of a 6"x4" oval back box and a centre section that removes the first CAT?

I really miss that Scooby rumble I had with the STi8 :roll: if not the Magnex then any other make? has anyone changed theirs yet and what does Subaru think about doing this could it void the warranty :?:
WR1Lee

Postby Brian » Sun Sep 19, 2004 6:29 am

its best to ask you dealer, to see what you can do, the WR1 already has a sports cat installed, so would only make the difference for noise reasons :)
Brian

Postby Millie » Mon Sep 20, 2004 9:21 pm

Hi WR1Lee

I changed my back box only, went for an Afterburner Vortex, fitted by my dealer so was on the car when I picked it up. As Subaru fit and only back box no warranty concerns.

Have heard a few WR1's now, as standard they are good but feel the change has made a difference to the sound , especially above the 4500rpm, plus Scoobyworld advised poss small 3/5 bhp increase on a WR1.
Millie

Postby WR1Lee » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:18 pm

Checked with Subaru all's well with them and just rung Tesco's and once I'd told them that the WR1 comes with a performance stainless exhaust as standard they were fine for me to change with no added premium so a result all around really...makes a change doesn't it!
WR1Lee

Postby Millie » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:23 pm

Did you fit the system as mentioned, ie have you removed the first cat centre section ?
Millie

Postby WR1Lee » Tue Oct 05, 2004 10:35 pm

Millie wrote:Did you fit the system as mentioned, ie have you removed the first cat centre section ?

Neither yet Millie I was just checking first, I have the Magnex rear box and centre pipe that does away with the cat already, but I'm still not sure if it might make the performance worse? I'm getting conflicting answers...I need to find out first...but the Magnex does sound lovely!
WR1Lee

Return to General Scooby Chat