Login    Register

What do you read ?

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
What do you read ?

Postby POESY » Wed Apr 05, 2006 12:48 pm

Have just finished my yearly subscription to EVO magazine, was a birthday present (excellent choice I must say), and am wondering about renewing. Bought this months Top Gear last weekend - what a load of rubbish !!!

Any magazines (not just cars) you guys get on a regular basis that I should consider - keep it clean please :wink:

Dont know why but I always looked forward to EVO hitting my doorstep every month - kinda perks you up and gives you something to look forward too - sad I know :freak:
POESY

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Apr 05, 2006 1:03 pm

I've got a subsription to Scooby Magazine ... which is the dogs danglies. Used to have a sub to Evo but then they slated the WR1 so I didn't renew. Patriotic you see!

Admittedly Evo is probably the best car mag out as they always get to test the top motors and their reporter did an excellent write up on my favourite car, i.e. Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale
Gangsta Smurf

Postby danr55 » Wed Apr 05, 2006 3:08 pm

Car magazine, quite good i think have a subscription and quite enjoy it. :D
danr55
Site Owner

Postby chris » Wed Apr 05, 2006 4:40 pm

I still get the Scooby hating Top Gear every month. Well they do like Foresters. :wink: :lol:

I sometimes buy Evo as well.
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Apr 05, 2006 5:43 pm

Subsribed to Scoobymag :D without doubt the best of the bunch :wink:
also buy most Jap monthly's Jap Perf, Banzai, and JTuner :D and
pinch the youngsters mags at work max power, fastcar, and redline :lol: :lol: :wink:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Chris B » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:33 pm

Scooby mag, Jap performance mag, top marques mag,and country life mag Ilike to look at the posh houses that I cannot afford to buy.
Chris B

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Apr 05, 2006 8:49 pm

Chris B wrote:Scooby mag, Jap performance mag, top marques mag,and country life mag Ilike to look at the posh houses that I cannot afford to buy.

are those the ones with only 15 bedrooms then??? :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

Scooby Mag did an awesome write up on some crazy 500bhp WR1 in issue 7 ... apparently it destroyed the Abbey Motorsports Skyline at brunters when the WR1 was four up!! That must have been something to behold! :wink: :D :wink: :wink: :wink: :D
Gangsta Smurf

Postby a1oku » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:36 pm

"what car","what boat" and "what horse."of course im a long standing subscriber to"what the fcuk",a magazine dedicated to people who cant be bothered.its boring as hell but i cant be bothered to unsubscribe.
a1oku

Postby chris » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:01 pm

a1oku wrote:"what car","what boat" and "what horse."of course im a long standing subscriber to"what the fcuk",a magazine dedicated to people who cant be bothered.its boring as hell but i cant be bothered to unsubscribe.

:rofl:
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Postby Houdini » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:34 am

a1oku wrote:"what car","what boat" and "what horse."of course im a long standing subscriber to"what the fcuk",a magazine dedicated to people who cant be bothered.its boring as hell but i cant be bothered to unsubscribe.

:lol2: :rofl: I subscribe to "What Rubbish".

There's some really ace pics of modded lorries with the rear scoop seriously upgraded so it can throw the wheelie bin over the front of the vehicle. The distance is of course heavily contested. They also have features such as 'Foot & Mouth cows: Can they be dug up and recycled?'

The best bit is always the monthly competition when one lucky reader gets to go to the tip of their choice and have anything they want, so long as they can get it in their Vauxhall Vectra in under five minutes (note - trailers aren't allowed :( )

The 'For Sale' section is always jam-packed with everything you don't need. For example, last week the entire European Commission was up for grabs for only 50p! Of course, it had been advertised the month before.... and the month before... and the month before... and the month before...

Seriously though, I don't subscribe to any mags. Occasionally I will get Autosport, and we do get the Radio Times :oops:
Houdini

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:31 am

Chris B wrote:Scooby mag, Jap performance mag, top marques mag,and country life mag Ilike to look at the posh houses that I cannot afford to buy.

lots of time in the toilet reading :shock:

:rofl: :thumb:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby Wheatie » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:12 pm

Readers wives all the way :woohoo:

And T3, i do like to drool over gadgets that i can't afford.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk, because they have to say something.
Wheatie

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:38 pm

Wheatie wrote:Readers wives all the way :woohoo:

And T3, i do like to drool over gadgets that i can't afford.

Agree with you on T3! Awesome mag
Gangsta Smurf

Postby The Swede » Thu Apr 06, 2006 8:31 pm

Subscribed to AutoExpress, Auto,Motor und Sport, De Autogids, AUTOnews and rallyXS plus still getting some industry newsletters of the times I worked at the Global Centre of Excellence in Automotive industry of Price Waterhouse/PwC Consulting.

Regularly bying AutoZeitung, AutoPlus, Top Gear mag and Car.

Wife not always happy about the stack of magazines in the toilet, under and next to the bed, in the livingroom, in the kitchen,... :?
The Swede

Postby WR 1mposter » Fri Apr 07, 2006 5:23 pm

Torrekens wrote:Subscribed to AutoExpress, Auto,Motor und Sport, De Autogids, AUTOnews and rallyXS plus still getting some industry newsletters of the times I worked at the Global Centre of Excellence in Automotive industry of Price Waterhouse/PwC Consulting.

Regularly bying AutoZeitung, AutoPlus, Top Gear mag and Car.

Wife not always happy about the stack of magazines in the toilet, under and next to the bed, in the livingroom, in the kitchen,... :?

They dont do rallyXS anymore overhere :?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby The Swede » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:12 pm

Bugger. Probably they'll take it out here too then.

I could only get it in Swedish anymore at the last renewal :mad:
The Swede

Postby Gee Wr1 » Fri Apr 07, 2006 6:39 pm

Jap performance, J tuner & Banzai.
Gee Wr1

Postby Joe » Wed Apr 12, 2006 8:52 pm

If your after a good book to read i would recomend the TAX MAN. the first book ive read from cover to cover in a very short space of time. Any Northern lads would like it.
Joseph
Joe

Postby marky mark » Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:49 pm

Scooby mag, J tuner, Jap performance, MCN, Road Racer.

incidentally keep your eyes out in Jap performance over the forthcoming few months as a rather superb car is going to be featured :wink:
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:11 pm

marky mark wrote:Scooby mag, J tuner, Jap performance, MCN, Road Racer.

incidentally keep your eyes out in Jap performance over the forthcoming few months as a rather superb car is going to be featured :wink:

:suss: :suss: :suss: ces'tbon :wink:

I have no idea what that means Rodders :?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby marky mark » Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:53 am

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:
marky mark wrote:Scooby mag, J tuner, Jap performance, MCN, Road Racer.

:suss: :suss: :suss: ces'tbon :wink:

I have no idea what that means Rodders :?

Eh? nor me. I think we need someone cultured to understand that and as i am Riff Raff its not me.

Wheres Bro? :suss:
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby POESY » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:02 am

marky mark wrote:incidentally keep your eyes out in Jap performance over the forthcoming few months as a rather superb car is going to be featured :wink:

Go on then, put us out of our missery, which is it ? Evo 6 ? 7 ? 9 ?

Seriously though I will keep a lookout, nice one :thumb: , dont usually like Jap Performance - bit :zzz:
POESY

Postby marky mark » Thu Apr 13, 2006 9:07 am

Photo shoot is in May so i should think it will be mid/late summer before its in.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Return to General Discussion