Login    Register

Geometry Settings

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Geometry Settings

Postby John Mc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:05 pm

I know this has been posted before but has anyone got the Prodrive Geometry settings? I've tried searching on Geometry and Prodrive Settings but it brings up 600 articles with these words in it.... I've seen some settings from Chiroman not sure these are Prodrive??

I remember someone posting a link to a scanned document or something but if anyone else can help, I'd appreciate it as I want to get this checked next week and setup properly.

Cheers.
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby rocko » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:14 pm

Try this but ime sure dynamix can help if you Pm Him

forum/viewtopic.php?t=10752&highlight=toe
rocko

Postby John Mc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:21 pm

Cheers Rocko, a few conflicting opnions on that thread.. :roll: :lol:
[Just incase this gets lost in translation, I am not slandering you, I know people can be sensitive to these harsh words.]
John Mc

Postby dynamix » Tue Dec 29, 2009 6:29 pm

There isnt a definitive answer tbh - so long as they are even and exact it will make a good difference.

Geometry is a huge minefield and so inprecise as it depends on so many other factors too.
Duncan : www.racedynamix.com
email: duncan@racedynamix.com
tel: 07540 185754
Custom Remaps for: All Impreza/Forester 2001-2010 | Classics 92-96 (ESL) | Syvecs (Solaris) | Simtek
dynamix

Postby WR1 WOZA » Tue Dec 29, 2009 7:02 pm

Hi Hope this helps these are the settings ive used for the last 3 years since having AST suspension fitted and set up by Curtis at powerstation.
Cant fault them been really good for fast road and track work including Spa, The Ring, Cadwell and some others and i dont hang about if you know what i mean ! Lol :wink:

Always try and get to B from A very Quickly !
WR1 WOZA

Postby Megaman » Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:26 pm

John,

I had to pay for these settings from KT Green which Colman Tyres in Otley then did laser geo alignment to apply them to my car. I think they have stopped doing geo alignment now so KT Green is probably the best bet. These were the settings that Prodrive recommended to give the WR1 the least amount of understeer based on standard wr1 suspension setup. Hope they help...

Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby John Mc » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:08 pm

Woza & Mega, cheers for the print-outs, I got a PM from Dunc too so I'll compare all 3 :lol:

Simon isn't back until Monday 4th at KT Mega so I said I would call back then. The head service guy there, John, is a pleasant guy but I get the feeling when you phone up he's like... "You've got a Subaru Impreza WR what? I'll see if anyone's heard of one..." bit slow on the uptake I think :roll: :lol:

Cheers guys, much appreciated with your help.
John Mc

Postby dynamix » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:10 am

OMG at that printout !!

I can gtee that it would get rid of the understeer but whooooa thats gonna be a roller-coaster of a drive.
Custom Remaps for: All Impreza/Forester 2001-2010 | Classics 92-96 (ESL) | Syvecs (Solaris) | Simtek
dynamix

Postby John Mc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:24 am

dynamix wrote:OMG at that printout !!

I can gtee that it would get rid of the understeer but whooooa thats gonna be a roller-coaster of a drive.

:shock: Which one, Rocko's or Mega's??
John Mc

Postby dynamix » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:29 am

Mega's

Unless I am reading those sheets wrong, it shows toe out on front and rear. This will certainly make it lively.

I have run those settings (or very similar) and leads to a lot of tram lining and twitchiness on bumpy roads and under braking.

Personally I would go with zero toe out or a very small toe in at the front to make it predictable. Set front negative camber slightly more than rear and use arb's and tyre pressures to trim the handling characteristics along with the dccd control.

But it is all dependant on what you like to drive.
dynamix

Postby John Mc » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:35 am

dynamix wrote:
I have run those settings (or very similar) and leads to a lot of tram lining and twitchiness on bumpy roads and under braking.

This might explain the tramlining up the road from Rodley roundabout Mega?? :lol:
John Mc

Postby Ant » Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:46 pm

I think its toe out when it has a minus sign in front of the figure so no minus means toe in.
Ant,

Had an my99 uk classic,

Then got P1 (0329),

Then got a brand new WR1 (092),

Then got a my00 UK Classic,

Then got another P1 (0488), Now Sold.
Ant

Postby Megaman » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:26 pm

John Mc Tiddler (Dogging Expert) wrote:
dynamix wrote:

This might explain the tramlining up the road from Rodley roundabout Mega?? :lol:

Certainly would - being a numpty when it comes to these things you have to put your faith in the subaru dealerships and the guys at prodrive to get you the best settings for your car. If Dynamix is saying that its a bad setup then im cheesed off as i had to pay for the settings to be tailor made for me by a guy in the office without my car obviously, as i requested a setup to reduce understeer which is not a standard request.

I suppose I need a real driver to take me out and set my car up for me on the roads round here to get the most benefit. I find the problem is most race drivers set cars up on tracks which are nothing like potholey twisty bumpy B roads up here so a setup for a track wouldnt be right good on a road at a guess. If Dynamix fancies a trip to Leeds to help me and John get our cars setup properly then feel free to let us know :D

I just spoke to KT Green John about getting my car booked in for a 40k service and to get some new AP pads fitted... i got the parts guy on the phone who knew about a WR1 but didnt know what the 40k service consisted of. Anyone else any ideas on this?

He booked me in for this afternoon then quickly told me after the owner kicked off at him that they were fully booked up until the 11th so i will now be taking it in then. In the meantime my brakes need looking at sooner rather than later as they started to make a slight grind. Ive had a non-engineers inspection and can see the pads very nearly down to the backing plate so best change them asap. So i feel a trip to colman tyres on saturday morning is in order before taking the wife back to harrogate for her regular BP checks. Rear pads still look fine so will leave them as they are. My 25/26 hard laps at bruntingthorpe must have taken their toll on my APs... Whilst I was at it i did a tyre check by kicking all the tyres and feeling tred levels where the markers are. Markers are all fine but theres a nice smooth surface on the inside edge of every tyre. I hope this doesnt mean it needs 4 new tyres too as that combined with the new baby stuff like prams and furniture will be making it an expensive few months!!

Actually if i remember correctly the law says you must have grip across 75% of the tyre surface i think ?!
:)

:D
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby CAVEMAN » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:48 pm

you are better off talking to some rally prep guys rather than circuit users for good geometry set up.

Autosportif are pretty good and so is Geoff Jones.

Last thing you want in any car is understeer, but to be honest you can eliminate most of it by changing driving style to be more aggressive on turn in and having the DCCD set up to a more locked scenario.

Or simply booting it and get the tail hanging out.
CAVEMAN

Postby John Mc » Thu Dec 31, 2009 5:05 pm

LMAO Martin... I can just imagine Dunc trying to setup the cars on the Leeds ring road and then taking it on "The Route" to try it out full tilt.... PMSL!!

I am not too sure on the 75% rule on the wear limits... I think it extends to the edges because I just had to replace 2 tyres on my Peugeot because the edge was worn, there was still 4-5mm on the rest of the tyres, they were scrubbing on the outer edges and when it went on the alignment computer, it was well out :roll:

When is the baby due mate? Still mid-Jan??
John Mc

Postby MaverickUK82 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:32 am

I have some Prodrive Geo' settings from fax and they match cavemans...
MaverickUK82

Postby Megaman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:42 am

MaverickUK82 wrote:I have some Prodrive Geo' settings from fax and they match cavemans...

cavemans? which are they?
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Postby MaverickUK82 » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:07 pm

Megamans, not cavemans... sorry...
MaverickUK82

Postby dynamix » Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:14 pm

Toe out tend to wear the inner edges of the tyres too ..

Happy to come and let you take me out in the car and tell you what i think but ultimately i think it is better to explain what and why things are happening so that you can make your own decisions. I am often over that way though ...

I have set mine up with some great guidance from most notably Paul at Zen - it has taken a while to get the car to suit my style of driving. It does this beautifully now and is VERY easy to drive on a roads, b roads and track as a result. Predictability is the main thing IMO - you can then develop a knowledge for how the car will behave in all situations.

Understeer is often a driving style issue though ;)
dynamix

Postby John Mc » Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:28 pm

dynamix wrote:Toe out tend to wear the inner edges of the tyres too ..

Happy to come and let you take me out in the car and tell you what i think but ultimately i think it is better to explain what and why things are happening so that you can make your own decisions. I am often over that way though ...

I have set mine up with some great guidance from most notably Paul at Zen - it has taken a while to get the car to suit my style of driving. It does this beautifully now and is VERY easy to drive on a roads, b roads and track as a result. Predictability is the main thing IMO - you can then develop a knowledge for how the car will behave in all situations.

Give us a shout when you are likely to be over this way Dunc, would be good to have some feedback!
John Mc

Postby Megaman » Fri Jan 01, 2010 11:51 pm

dynamix wrote:Toe out tend to wear the inner edges of the tyres too ..

Well if you are often up our way certainly give us a bell. With the wife expecting anytime soon i cant commit to anything but it will be good to hook up if and get your expert opinions mate.
Megaman
Fords Number 1 Fan

Return to General Discussion