Login    Register

Rosy's New Wheels

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Rosy's New Wheels

Postby Chris B » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:14 pm

This is the POT1 only available in red,with a 48 kilo carrying capacity this awesome off road machine has a 4litre quad cam 32 valve engine with twin turbos 0-5mph in 3 strides and I can tell you all that is fast,Rosy had to undergo extensive training and is one of only 4 people qualified to drive this machine,it also boasts a wet weather pouch and flask holder.
This machine will be available for you all to drive at Bruntingthorpe later this year,sort out your own insurance.
POT1=post office trolly 1......you all thought it was for peeing in did'nt you.
Chris B

Postby mick c » Sat Mar 25, 2006 9:06 am

I think you will need the 2.5 litre conversion on your WR1 to keep up with the wife now Chris. Good to meet you both last Sunday.
mick c

Postby POESY » Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:20 pm

:toofunny:

Quality, absolute quality - nice one chris :thumb:
POESY

Postby Houdini » Wed Mar 29, 2006 12:57 am

My missus was a Postie a few years ago, when we were living in Scotland. She too was complimentary of the POT1's capability. In fact, she offered to challenge Clarkson in a POT1 race round the 'ring but he turned it down as it wasn't a diesel :(

Nevertheless the post round kept getting bigger, what with all the flyers to be delivered, and there came a time when the only solution was a few mods in order to keep up with postal demand. So, on went the strut brace (in regulation colour, of course).

Next came some additional handling changes as the cornering capability round Wysteria Terrace was lacking and the lap time around Woolgrove Crescent was suffering as a consequence. There was only one solution - studded solid tyres to give grip through the morning dew, dog shit, and McDonalds refuse.

That worked well for a while, but the next part of the round wasn't on tarmac. In fact, there was a torturous cobbled section to negotiate before the end of the stage, and only a brief service interval afterwards for fluids at Bert's Cafe. Of course, there was little sympathy for the drop in lap times. After all, a tour through the 'Bacon Beacons' is something where tyre choice is critical and it was only her fault, really, that an upgraded anti-sausage roll bar hadn't been fitted. Still, they egged her on.

Onto the next stage round Clementine Terrace and suddenly there was competition. Ahead, other orange-coated figures could be spied, but from the Post-Control cameras mounted high up on the corner of the High Street the message came through via sophisticated carrier pigeon that these were only clueless students on a reconnaisance lap for Christmas deliveries, and not orange-clad marshals cleaning up a previous incident with a Labrador at No.39 who had a unique kind of dump valve.

The final stage was the Stadium run on gravel . Lady Myhusbandisastockbroker made sure the the lamb-fed Dobermans were there to provide competition all the way. Past Grunholm's Gazebo, past Atkinson's Atrium, and disastrously the POT1 started to slow. The crawl to the letterbox slowed, and it initially it looked like tea starvation, but the cruel reality was that calculations hadn't taken into acount the amount of Subaru Impreza sales flyers left in the fuel bags.

Coupled with a lack of NOS ('Not Our Shift'), progress stalled allowing her colleague, Toni Garden-Meister, to inch ahead and make that vital delivery.

Needless to say, the missus doesn't like Post Race results!!! :D
Houdini

Postby POESY » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:16 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You lot are mad - must be what happens when you marry a postie.

8) story - liked it :thumb:
POESY

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:26 pm

WR1TE-OFF wrote:My missus was a Postie a few years ago, when we were living in Scotland. She too was complimentary of the POT1's capability. In fact, she offered to challenge Clarkson in a POT1 race round the 'ring but he turned it down as it wasn't a diesel :(

Nevertheless the post round kept getting bigger, what with all the flyers to be delivered, and there came a time when the only solution was a few mods in order to keep up with postal demand. So, on went the strut brace (in regulation colour, of course).

Next came some additional handling changes as the cornering capability round Wysteria Terrace was lacking and the lap time around Woolgrove Crescent was suffering as a consequence. There was only one solution - studded solid tyres to give grip through the morning dew, dog shit, and McDonalds refuse.

That worked well for a while, but the next part of the round wasn't on tarmac. In fact, there was a torturous cobbled section to negotiate before the end of the stage, and only a brief service interval afterwards for fluids at Bert's Cafe. Of course, there was little sympathy for the drop in lap times. After all, a tour through the 'Bacon Beacons' is something where tyre choice is critical and it was only her fault, really, that an upgraded anti-sausage roll bar hadn't been fitted. Still, they egged her on.

Onto the next stage round Clementine Terrace and suddenly there was competition. Ahead, other orange-coated figures could be spied, but from the Post-Control cameras mounted high up on the corner of the High Street the message came through via sophisticated carrier pigeon that these were only clueless students on a reconnaisance lap for Christmas deliveries, and not orange-clad marshals cleaning up a previous incident with a Labrador at No.39 who had a unique kind of dump valve.

The final stage was the Stadium run on gravel . Lady Myhusbandisastockbroker made sure the the lamb-fed Dobermans were there to provide competition all the way. Past Grunholm's Gazebo, past Atkinson's Atrium, and disastrously the POT1 started to slow. The crawl to the letterbox slowed, and it initially it looked like tea starvation, but the cruel reality was that calculations hadn't taken into acount the amount of Subaru Impreza sales flyers left in the fuel bags.

Coupled with a lack of NOS ('Not Our Shift'), progress stalled allowing her colleague, Toni Garden-Meister, to inch ahead and make that vital delivery.

Needless to say, the missus doesn't like Post Race results!!! :D

10/10 mate :rofl: :rofl:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Rosy B » Wed Mar 29, 2006 8:30 pm

I definitely need to get some of those mods for my POT1, I could have done with the extra acceleration yesterday. I was involved in an incident with a classic Rover (elderly black Labarador) which caused some damage to my lower offside leg but I was still able to complete the stage without losing too much time. On later inspection, the damage didn't seem to be as bad as first thought, with only minor patching up needed (luckily, no replacement parts needed). So after a rest day to complete repairs to the damaged part, I shall be back on the road tomorrow.
Rosy B

Postby Houdini » Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:54 pm

Top Job, Rosy. Sorry to hijack the 'post' but the opportunity was too good to pass up - must be the dominant mail coming out in me :lol: . By the way, why was the labrador driving that Rover? :P
Houdini

Postby Rosy B » Thu Mar 30, 2006 7:59 pm

No you're barking up the wrong tree, the labarador wasn't driving the Rover - he was the Rover. :lol:
I nearly posted a pic of the damage, as a few people have done when they have had a prang, but it may be a bit too gruesome for some of you with weak stomachs. :puke:
Rosy B

Postby chris » Thu Mar 30, 2006 8:22 pm

Post it up! :lol:
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Postby Houdini » Thu Mar 30, 2006 11:38 pm

Some of the images can be quite frightening. Look what they have to go through... :!: :!:

The Spanish version of 'Beware of the dog!'

What happens when the overnight mail train driver gets tired

The paperwork, eh!? How do I 'log' this incident?

'Now then. The POT1 is at the bottom and my flask only keeps the tea hot for so long. Hmm..'
Houdini

Postby Rosy B » Sun Apr 02, 2006 8:12 am

This was on Tuesday, about 5 hours after it happened. Didn't look too bad then.

and this was taken this morning but the bruising makes it look a lot worse.

I suppose I'm quite lucky as I've worked for royal Mail for 19 years and this is the first serious bite I've had.
Rosy B

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:22 am

:omg: very nasty Rosy :cry:

why do dogs attack postie's :?
this seems to be a common occurance :?

or is it because when the dog is not looking
postie's kick em in the ***** :rofl: :rofl:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby chris » Sun Apr 02, 2006 12:07 pm

Nasty.
chris

Postby Houdini » Sun Apr 02, 2006 11:23 pm

OWWW :!: :!: :!: Looks painful, Rosy. Sorry to see that :( :( But you are luck really - If the assailant had got me at the same height that would have been my neck :P
Houdini

Postby mick c » Mon Apr 03, 2006 5:46 am

Ouch :( :( And I thought I had a dangerous job. That must hurt Rosy. Hope you are mending. We will have to find you some Kevlar trousers, or a baseball bat to get the first blow in.
mick c

Postby Rosy B » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:22 pm

The really annoying thing about this is that the owner actually let the dog out. :shock: I'm standing there with a parcel for him and saying "NO DON'T OPEN THE GATE!!" and the man says "Oh he's alright, he's all bark". I repeated the request not to open the gate, all the while the dog is bouncing up and down on the other side of the gate, barking it's head off. The next thing the dog is through the gate and I'm trying to kick it away.
The advice we are issued with, is to offer your arm to the dog rather than let it grab your leg and pull you to the ground. Whoever decided that, had obviously never faced an attacking dog in their life. Instinct makes you kick out and you really don't have time to think of anything.
The man's wife came out to see me on Thursday and gave me a hug and a bunch of flowers by way of an apology, which I thought was a nice gesture. I think he'd played down the incident, because she was a bit shocked to see what the dog had done to my leg. Anyway as I'm - in Chris's words - "A Woman of Steel" no major damage done and it's business as usual.
Rosy B

Postby chris » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:17 pm

Rosy B wrote:The really annoying thing about this is that the owner actually let the dog out. :shock: I'm standing there with a parcel for him and saying "NO DON'T OPEN THE GATE!!" and the man says "Oh he's alright, he's all bark". I repeated the request not to open the gate, all the while the dog is bouncing up and down on the other side of the gate, barking it's head off. The next thing the dog is through the gate and I'm trying to kick it away.
The advice we are issued with, is to offer your arm to the dog rather than let it grab your leg and pull you to the ground. Whoever decided that, had obviously never faced an attacking dog in their life. Instinct makes you kick out and you really don't have time to think of anything.
The man's wife came out to see me on Thursday and gave me a hug and a bunch of flowers by way of an apology, which I thought was a nice gesture. I think he'd played down the incident, because she was a bit shocked to see what the dog had done to my leg. Anyway as I'm - in Chris's words - "A Woman of Steel" no major damage done and it's business as usual.

That's the spirit, back to work! :lol:

I'm not surprised they gave you flowers, you didn't contact the police to have the dog destroyed. :wink:

BTW, the best thing to do with a dog that is about to bite you is hold their tounge down with your thumb. They won't close their mouths then. I salute anyone who actually does this though! :lol:
chris

Postby WR 1mposter » Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:18 pm

Salute indeed Chris :lol:

someone once told me put your fist down their throat and choke em to death :lol: :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Return to General Discussion