Login    Register

Sagaris

This is the Forum for chat about anything.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro, Moderators

• Author
Sagaris

Postby jd » Tue Apr 18, 2006 10:37 am

Was it fun Gangsta?
1mposter is my hero.
jd

Postby POESY » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:04 am

Err no

First of all they couldnt get into the Tuscan in front of it to let the Sagaris out :bang:

Then while we were playing around with the Sagaris, expecting the Tuscan to be moved, the Sagaris broke :lol:

The Sagaris looks nice, but up close it is too much like a kit car (and not a particularly good one at that) with nothing in it, plus the arrogant saleman didnt go down well.

Never really wanted a TVR before and after saturday i'd have to say they are just rubbish, utter rubbish - if youve got that sort of cash to spend, go buy yourself a proper car, go to Porsche.
POESY

Postby jd » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:06 am

bloody hell, sounds like a bad day then.

another Porsche owner coming up then?
1mposter is my hero.
jd

Postby POESY » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:08 am

Yeah, best part of the day was leaving. They even invited him back next week to try again :shock:

If it was my cash i'd be looking at a 911 - but it isnt :cry:
POESY

Postby jd » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:10 am

You can still look though :twisted:
1mposter is my hero.
jd

Re: Sagaris

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Tue Apr 18, 2006 11:47 am

jd wrote:Was it fun Gangsta?

First things first ...

I am 24 and I look a lot younger so when I go looking at hyper cars I expect to be treated like a tw@t because car dealers are all the same. The salesman at TVR though (the first one we saw) takes the award as the biggest w@nker I've ever TRIED to deal with. Didn't want to serve me at all, blanked me when I asked for some info and just said "the car is open" when I asked about the demo car.

I, personally, love the car. It looks gorgeous, it sounds gorgeous and is only there to do one thing - go as fast as it possibly can. The interior is small, sparse and focused upon only one thing - driving it! There are no stupid buttons or silly gimmicks to distract you from the job at hand, and that is the way all supercars should be. fcuk having Sat nav and TVs and complicated air conditioning systems. I want to drive my cars and not spend hours working out how they operate.

Lol the instruction book on the TVR must have only three or four pages. Basically get in .... fix the electrics because they will be broken ... put in key .... switch on ... hang on!

Poesy is spot on though, the car (technically) is an utter pile of garbage.

Quote from the dealer (the nice one)

".... we delivered 14 cars during March and I can remember 4 being broken. So it was very good ...."

That was in response to my question about relability!! He was also being serious when he was saying that was good!! 1 in 4 cars defected is NOT good!!

The 3 year warranty is, and again I quote the dealer, ..."a grey area Mr Palmer" essentially you tell them how many miles you plan on doing and an idea of how many track days and they tell you whether that will be covered or not.

I said 10,000 miles per year and 5 track days and they said that would be covered.

However this car does not try to be anything it isn't. It is a focused driving machine and in terms of what you get it knocks the porkas dead on their feet. If you want a car that has all the toys and will get you from a to b very very fast then buy a porka. For me though they lack any sort of fun factor, I don't feel that I'm in something special when I'm sitting in any porsche. However the TVR does make you feel special. You know you are sitting in something that is designed to make you get out shaking and the noise is just sensational.

I'm sorry but a porsche is not a car for a 24 year old. No doubts they are awesome machines and probably the best all round performance car money can buy but they are for people who want to go fast but not hear or feel it. The TVR is perfect for somebody like me, who wants lots of power, lots of looks and something that will scare me shitless.

For that reason and that reason alone I am going back on Sat to discuss further!! :D :D :D :D
Gangsta Smurf

Postby POESY » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:11 pm

Well there you go - same car, 2 completely different verdicts - guess thats a good thing though, cos if we all liked the same stuff the world wouldnt half be a boring place!!!

However, i'm right :lol: :wink:
POESY

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:25 pm

POESY wrote:Well there you go - same car, 2 completely different verdicts - guess thats a good thing though, cos if we all liked the same stuff the world wouldnt half be a boring place!!!

However, i'm right :lol: :wink:

PMSL!!!!

The best car of the day was the FQ400 having a play in the traffic on the way back to southend!!!

:wink: :wink: :wink:
Gangsta Smurf

Postby jd » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:35 pm

Hopefully you get more response on Sat.

Agree with the point that the Sagaris is there to go fast & that is what you are looking for.....a plaything for the weekends.
1mposter is my hero.
jd

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:40 pm

I think if I go and put
Gangsta Smurf

Postby jd » Tue Apr 18, 2006 12:44 pm

i would think so......what do the secretarys look like? :hump:
1mposter is my hero.
jd

Postby marky mark » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:20 pm

If you want really hardcore i dont know what your pi$$ing around at. Just get one of the 260 BHP caterhams, save yourself a load of money and lap about 10 seconds per lap quicker!

proper weekend toy then, instead of the halfway house TVR.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Tue Apr 18, 2006 1:40 pm

marky mark wrote:If you want really hardcore i dont know what your pi$$ing around at. Just get one of the 260 BHP caterhams, save yourself a load of money and lap about 10 seconds per lap quicker!

caterhams fcuk up just as much as TVRs ... I believe they also come with less of a warranty ...as well as no roof, and if I have an accident in one I would be dead ... period.

At least with the TVR you have a body cell and now the three year warranty. Also you get the noise and the pedigree.

Agree with you that a Caterham is awesome but is definitely not the car for me. Maybe in 40 years when I have a beard
Gangsta Smurf

Postby chris » Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:09 pm

Gangsta Smurf wrote:
marky mark wrote:If you want really hardcore i dont know what your pi$$ing around at. Just get one of the 260 BHP caterhams, save yourself a load of money and lap about 10 seconds per lap quicker!

caterhams fcuk up just as much as TVRs ... I believe they also come with less of a warranty ...as well as no roof, and if I have an accident in one I would be dead ... period.

At least with the TVR you have a body cell and now the three year warranty. Also you get the noise and the pedigree.

Agree with you that a Caterham is awesome but is definitely not the car for me. Maybe in 40 years when I have a beard

There are some who would say Caterham's have more pedigree than a TVR. :wink:

If it were my money going down i'd be going for either an Atom or a track day special.
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:57 am

but it will mess my hair up everytime I drive it ... and don't think any of the ladies in my life would enjoy being in one ... the TVR (I'm told) is "horny" 8)
Gangsta Smurf

Postby marky mark » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:29 am

You big stud. i wish i was like you. :rofl:
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Apr 19, 2006 8:43 am

marky mark wrote:You big stud. i wish i was like you. :rofl:

how did you know I was big??? :lol: :wink:
Gangsta Smurf

Postby marky mark » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:04 am

Poesy mentioned it by PM :norty: :rofl:

You expected that coment im sure! :wink:
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby POESY » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:12 am

I have to agree with the others gangsta - a trackday special is a better idea. Caterham CSR would be my choice. 0 - 60 in 3.1 seconds 8)

http://cars.msn.co.uk/carreviewshome/fd ... mcsrapr06/
POESY

Postby marky mark » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:40 am

Not been in any of the new CSR's but by all accounts they are a lot more easier to live with on the road than the R300/400/500 series.

Take on board the crash protection comment Gangsta (although judging by TVR's build quality i would not trust one of their tubs :roll: ). but as for the 'old men with beards'.............im old (but dont have a beard) - and have done road and track miles in a R400 and it most certainly is not an old mans car as it is by far the closest thing i have been in compared to a superbike.

Think Poesy is a similiar age to me IIRC.....so thats it then, we are officially knacked and should be looking at a Morgan roadster or something along them lines :D
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby chris » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:45 am

Go and join the waiting list for this...

http://www.topgear.com/content/news/stories/702/
chris

Postby chris » Wed Apr 19, 2006 9:47 am

For what it's worth this might be of interest;

http://www.topgear.com/content/tgonbbc2 ... s/thestig/
chris

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:20 am

Don't know what it is about the Caterhams but they just don't motivate me to buy one. I could have bought one on a number of occasions and just never felt like I wanted one. Indeed they are awesomly fast but just don't do anything for me ... just like the Porsches (except for the new GT3 and GT2)

One of those cars I've liked, but never enough to go out and buy one.

Racing can on the Sagaris and it just has me written all over it.
Gangsta Smurf

Postby POESY » Wed Apr 19, 2006 10:57 am

Sagaris it is then matey - after all its your cash and your the one who has to pay all the bills, so if its what you want - GO FOR IT :thumb:

After all, if i'd have listen to public opinion when i'd bought my car last year i'd have ended up with something i didnt want - and thats bad :down: . Everyone told me it was the wrong car and you should buy this, that and the next thing - so glad I didnt listen.

Right, when do I get my go :wink:
POESY

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Apr 19, 2006 4:49 pm

Just make sure you get a lifetime membership in the AA/RAC :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby duffnote » Fri Apr 21, 2006 7:42 am

Um, I had three TVRs in a row, two chimeras and a cerbera. However, I was lucky enough to have a company car - which was three Impreza's in a row. Quite frankly the Cerbera was a rocket but broke down every three weeks. Someone eventually crashed into me and I was very impressed with how strong the chassis and fibreglass combination were. I'd really think twice about have one as my only car - they breakdown all the time - except the old rover engines. The sag looks great from a distance but close up they're not well built - but they certainly go.
duffnote

Postby Gangsta Smurf » Fri Apr 21, 2006 8:23 am

duffnote wrote:Um, I had three TVRs in a row, two chimeras and a cerbera. However, I was lucky enough to have a company car - which was three Impreza's in a row. Quite frankly the Cerbera was a rocket but broke down every three weeks. Someone eventually crashed into me and I was very impressed with how strong the chassis and fibreglass combination were. I'd really think twice about have one as my only car - they breakdown all the time - except the old rover engines. The sag looks great from a distance but close up they're not well built - but they certainly go.

But they do come with a three year warranty ... and that is very appealing to me ... It's worth a risk of it breaking. If it starts going crazy, i.e. breaking every month, then I'll just send it back!!

Although according to other posts i'm not intelligent enough to understand technical things like this. Actually I'm so stupid that I have no idea how I happened to get into the position to be able to buy a
Gangsta Smurf

Postby marky mark » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:04 am

:toofunny:

Are you baiting me Gangsta :shake:

Wayne Rooney can go and buy any car he wants but i think he may struggle in a pub quiz :wink:

dont misqoute me Gangsta :wink: . I said you were to stupid to understand that you can modify a car and still keep it reliable.

Is it good of a moderator to start this off again on another thread? think we should stop it really dont you. :nono:
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby jd » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:10 am

:blah:
1mposter is my hero.
jd

Postby marky mark » Fri Apr 21, 2006 9:48 am

PMSL.

Q: who is the blue smilie and who is the red smilie then JD :?:
marky mark
JPs little helper

Next