Login    Register

new bp ultimate - 102 RON!

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
new bp ultimate - 102 RON!

Postby pete_griff » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:23 am

this may be old news, so i apologise to all those who already know, but BP are now supplying 102 octane fuel to the general public - how awesome is that :shock:
here is the link if you are interested in reading about it:

http://www.bp.com/genericsection.do?cat ... Id=7017179

if the link doesnt work then just go to www.bpultimate.co.uk and you can get to it from there
the fuel is only available from a few places (see the site for details), really looking forward to trying some of it when im in an area to get some tho..... :twisted:
Griff
pete_griff

Postby marky mark » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:40 am

It's been around a while now Pete, have you seen the cost :shock:

Be aware that it's not likely to make any difference if your car is in good health and runing the full amount of advance multiplier on the ignition timing.

A RON no. is just the amount of resistance to knock. If you are not suffering any knock on 98/99 then you will get no improvement. What fuels like this are useful for is it allows more compression or boost in the engine before the fuel detonates so if you are in a 'standardish' state of tune then you are just throwing money away.

If you do track work etc with the subsequently higher temps etc then it will add a bit of a safety margin.
If JP is Roland Rat, them I am Errol the Hamster... His number 1 fan.
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby pete_griff » Tue Apr 03, 2007 12:28 pm

cheers 4 the reply mark, thats pretty informative actually. I'm learning more about scooby engines each day - i'm basically a pretty competent mechanic as a hobby, (put several engines/cars etc etc together now), but i've never really had that much experience dealing with the flat four , so learning all about their characteristics etc now i own one is pretty cool.

If you look at the thread below this one in the general scooby chat section you'll see just how much of a whine i've had about paying someone at a garage to do what i already know how to do!
Griff
pete_griff

Return to Tech Help