Login    Register

Rear Fogs

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Rear Fogs

Postby bob » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:56 pm

I always travel with my front spots switch switched on. So anytime I use the main beam the spots come on also. But everytime I switch the lights on the rear fog light also comes on....If I switch the front spots off. When I put the lights on the fog stays off. I thought the spots and fogs were meant to be independant....
bob

Postby danr55 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:16 pm

mine did that for a while, then stopped doing it :?
danr55
Site Owner

Postby duffnote » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:21 am

My spots only come on main beam?
duffnote

Postby WR 1mposter » Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:44 pm

The front driving lights should only come on with main beam

But the rear fog are located on a seperate switch, so
as to why they work in this way :?

Take a trip to Tileys Bob :wink:

but take the keys out :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby Gazman2054 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:42 am

I have my spot switched on same as most of you.
But have no idear if it turns the rear fogs on :?
Will check this out later...
Gazman2054

Postby bob » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:20 pm

duffnote wrote:My spots only come on main beam?

Yes the spots only come on with main beam...But if you leave the front spots switch switched on spots will come on when you flash or use main beam...My problem is the rear fog also comes on at the same time.
Front spots switch is an on off switch, rear fog is not. It just means every time I put my lights on the rearfog also comes on. I just have to switch it off. Sometimes I forget untill I notice the light iluminating in the dash pod.
bob

Postby bob » Wed Jan 17, 2007 3:22 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:The front driving lights should only come on with main beam

Took it to Tiley's but they do not have another WR1 to compair it to. These spot lights are not the same as the WRX. They are wondering if all WR1's are the same..
bob

Postby WR 1mposter » Thu Jan 18, 2007 3:17 pm

bob wrote:
WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:The front driving lights should only come on with main beam

Took it to Tiley's but they do not have another WR1 to compair it to. These spot lights are not the same as the WRX. They are wondering if all WR1's are the same..

Bob they are "PIAA driving lights" and Tileys should know that

WRX's comes with fog lights which is why they work solely on a seperate switch

WR1 "PIAA driving lights" work on a separate switch but should only work when full beam is selected !

So basically switch on "PIAA driving lights" and with normal dipped headlights they won't work, select full beam they work :wink:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby bob » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:19 am

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:
bob wrote:

Bob they are "PIAA driving lights" and Tileys should know that

WRX's comes with fog lights which is why they work solely on a seperate switch

WR1 "PIAA driving lights" work on a separate switch but should only work when full beam is selected !

So basically switch on "PIAA driving lights" and with normal dipped headlights they won't work, select full beam they work :wink:

Yea exactly how mine work...so I leave the spot switch on...the problem then is the rear fog comes on soon as I switch the lights on even side lights. The fog light has to be switch off everytime I use the lights.
But if I leave the spot light switch off. when the lights are switched on the fog does not come on...Makes me think the spots and rear fog are connected in some way.
bob

Postby WR 1mposter » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:12 am

So your rear fogs dont work if your driving lights are switch off :?
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby bob » Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:47 am

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:So your rear fogs dont work if your driving lights are switch off :?

They won't work untill I switch um on.... :D

Put it like this all light spots and fogs work ok and how they should. But if I leave the spots "switch" on... the next time I use the lights the fog also comes on. I have to then switch the rear fog light off.
bob

Postby WR 1mposter » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:26 am

bob wrote:
WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:So your rear fogs dont work if your driving lights are switch off :?

Put it like this all light spots and fogs work ok and how they should. But if I leave the spots "switch" on... the next time I use the lights the fog also comes on. I have to then switch the rear fog light off.

Perhaps you forgot to swicth em off :lol: :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby danr55 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:14 pm

bob wrote:

absolutely positive my wr1 did something wierd like this for a while, busy muct have been fixed at a service
danr55
Site Owner

Postby presa900 » Fri Jan 19, 2007 5:59 pm

Sounds like you have a fault somewhere there Bob, I don't think I've ever seen my rear fog light come on in this way.

The single off side rear fog light should only come on when you press the separate switch next to the one for the front PIAA driving lights.

Must be some sort of crossed wire/connection :?
presa900

Return to Tech Help