Login    Register

ECUFLASH....

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
ECUFLASH....

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:49 pm

Anybody had any involvement? or know anybody who uses it?

All software is free to download from what I can see,you just need to buy a cable that runs between your ECU and laptop.

Been reading lots about it and it seems that most tuners"may"start using this software at a reduced rate to the ECUTEK mapping at 550 a pop!!!

I met up with some people at teh weekend and did some logging on teh evo-seems the "mapping" received is identical to the map somebody got at WRC!!! Basically just up the boost!!
The cars are also running VERY "rich"even after the "re-map"

No alterations to fuelling or the MIVEC where there are apparently alot of gains to be had. I was also advised that this is a better way of doing things and a boost controller is not essential as the current ECU can cope with dealing with the boost!!

The chap in question has downloaded maps from alot of vehicles including the latest 360 which is running 1.65-1.7bar boost!!

Apparently the MIVEC has been remapped on 360 to come on boost earlier and increase mid range torque!

The boost can be lowered to 1.3 to get the results we currently have @ 380bhp!! so therefore running 1.5bar should be able to see well up into the 400 figures!!! And so far NO issues!!!

Seems we are sold alot of items by tuners that are not essential,so that they can do very little work with the biggest financial rewards(i think we all knew this anyway).

Im very tempte to get the hardware/cables and have a good look into what I can do with the EVO.
Also availible for the scoob.

I will be chatting to the above fella a bit in the near future and I feel and will be trying to get my head around this before I attempt blowing up the EVO :lol:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby WR 1mposter » Sun Jan 14, 2007 5:43 pm

Spike Technologies :lol: :lol:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Sun Jan 14, 2007 7:06 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Spike Technologies :lol: :lol:

Free to my buddies :ok: (if you ever trust me)
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby danr55 » Sun Jan 14, 2007 11:07 pm

interesting info. so what boost do ours run mate? :shock: :?
danr55
Site Owner

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:36 pm

danr55 wrote:interesting info. so what boost do ours run mate? :shock: :?

1.6ish......but that could be reduced right down if they bovvered with the MIVEC!! tosser's!!!

And the fuel consumption has a great deal of improvement availible!!

I have a few bit's n peices to do for a possible few extra Bhp,I'll keep you informed- Was very close to getting the 360 map loaded in :lol: maybe after the service,the fella who showed me all teh info is running over 400 NO PROBLEMS!! easy enough to do plug and go!!! :shock:

Best of all is bring your laptop save each map and change as you like!
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby chris » Mon Jan 15, 2007 6:59 pm

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:
danr55 wrote:interesting info. so what boost do ours run mate? :shock: :?

1.6ish......but that could be reduced right down if they bovvered with the MIVEC!! tosser's!!!

And the fuel consumption has a great deal of improvement availible!!

I have a few bit's n peices to do for a possible few extra Bhp,I'll keep you informed- Was very close to getting the 360 map loaded in :lol: maybe after the service,the fella who showed me all teh info is running over 400 NO PROBLEMS!! easy enough to do plug and go!!! :shock:

Best of all is bring your laptop save each map and change as you like!

How long has he run the 400bhp map for?

A lot of cars can handle extra power for a short period of time before something goes bang.
Too petty to be a traffic warden...
chris

Re: ECUFLASH....

Postby Scooby Lee » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:11 pm

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:Anybody had any involvement? or know anybody who uses it?

Erm...Yes & Yes!

Just in the process of buying a new laptop, so I can teach myself.

Speak to John Banks on MLR if you need any help at the moment.

See here for all the info:

http://www.openecu.org/index.php?title=Main_Page

...and here if you want to do some data-logging:

http://www.limitless.co.nz/EvoScan/
Sold out and bought an EVO......then sold it because it was rubbish!
Scooby Lee

Postby Scooby Lee » Mon Jan 15, 2007 8:21 pm

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:The chap in question has downloaded maps from alot of vehicles including the latest 360 which is running 1.65-1.7bar boost!!

Apparently the MIVEC has been remapped on 360 to come on boost earlier and increase mid range torque!

Current opinion is that the '360' has extremely well mapped Fuelling and Valve Timing, but has very poor Boost Control. I've heard that this may be as a result of the damands placed on the mapper (Rampage) by CCC to achieve 360/360 with a 200 Cell Cat. It's rumoured that the car was originally supposed to have 375/350, but CCC weren't happy! (Only what I've been told).
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Mon Jan 15, 2007 9:17 pm

Scooby Lee wrote:
Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:The chap in question has downloaded maps from alot of vehicles including the latest 360 which is running 1.65-1.7bar boost!!

Current opinion is that the '360' has extremely well mapped Fuelling and Valve Timing, but has very poor Boost Control. I've heard that this may be as a result of the damands placed on the mapper (Rampage) by CCC to achieve 360/360 with a 200 Cell Cat. It's rumoured that the car was originally supposed to have 375/350, but CCC weren't happy! (Only what I've been told).

Id be interested to get the MIVEC map put in as they have re-mapped that part of it to good result-so Im told.
kinda what the tuning comapnies SHOULD be doing when they UP THE BOOST!! Lazy fookers!!
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Scooby Lee » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:45 pm

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:Id be interested to get the MIVEC map put in as they have re-mapped that part of it to good result-so Im told.
kinda what the tuning comapnies SHOULD be doing when they UP THE BOOST!! Lazy fookers!!

So, the 'Ware Map' isn't as good as you thought?

...Speak to Rampage, they may be able to help!

http://www.rampage-hks.co.uk/
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Mon Jan 15, 2007 10:55 pm

Scooby Lee wrote:
Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:Id be interested to get the MIVEC map put in as they have re-mapped that part of it to good result-so Im told.

So, the 'Ware Map' isn't as good as you thought?

...Speak to Rampage, they may be able to help!

http://www.rampage-hks.co.uk/

I had my map downloaded with and overlaid with a WRC map done on a 340-identical!!!!!! :shock: admitedly the results ar ewhat we wanted but the "input" was not alot!!!!!

Met a guy who has had a Rampage 430 odd ATW conversion on sunday afternoon at a petrol station in Hertford,he was driving his Golf VR6 set up for 8min laps of the ring!!! :shock:

You tempted with some "tinkering" then Lee?
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby danr55 » Mon Jan 15, 2007 11:15 pm

this all sounds very interesting, so who's the guinea pig? :rofl:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby marky mark » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:27 am

Dr John Banks is someone worth listening too on a lot of subjects.... :D
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby Harvey. » Tue Jan 16, 2007 12:09 pm

This could be very worthwhile for some, but, a word of caution.

The fist Ecutek remap is around
The truth is out there.
Harvey.

Postby Scooby Lee » Tue Jan 16, 2007 8:23 pm

Thank-you for some very good points Harvey; these are things which must be recognised :thumb:

..as for myself; my interest in this software is, currently, purely from a review perspective. My intention is to download specific Maps and study their structure. This will allow me to gain an appreciation of 'How' the Evo and Scooby ECUs can be modified.

Following this learning phase, I will have gained sufficient understanding to be able to appreciate how a Mapper has
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Tue Jan 16, 2007 9:01 pm

marky mark wrote:Dr John Banks is someone worth listening too on a lot of subjects.... :D

The chap Im talkin of "oracle" has been in conference with J.banks on Numerous occasions- he is also a computer/It programmer and seems to have an excellent understanding of the system- He is also VERY close to my place of work 8)

As Lee stated I am keen to get the software/hardware and download several different maps and see teh differences and also teh datalogging differences in an effort to understand the system!

With regards to DET/Knock apparently teh Evo's ECU is more than capable of compensating against this!! BUT - datalogging of your maps is essential to determine the DET/Knock!! Apparently advancing ignition on an evo can be done to a higher degree than you would think and the ECU will naturally do its job and compensate to reduce DET!!????!!!! :shock: :?

Probably have a new car by the time I understand-bearing in mind it took me a month to work photobucket!!!
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Scooby Lee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:14 pm

Have you been able to sort the file copying issue, Spike?

I think you should try and solve the problem because I have a nice little ROM file which you may like to have a look at......but it needs those problematic .XML definitions. :wink:

E-Mail me if you want further info...
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:31 pm

Scooby Lee wrote:Have you been able to sort the file copying issue, Spike?

I think you should try and solve the problem because I have a nice little ROM file which you may like to have a look at......but it needs those problematic .XML definitions. :wink:

E-Mail me if you want further info...

Im all good mate..send it over..any advise as to a "users/idiots" guide?
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Scooby Lee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:50 pm

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:Im all good mate..send it over..any advise as to a "users/idiots" guide?

E-mail sent...
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:02 pm

Scooby Lee wrote:
Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:Im all good mate..send it over..any advise as to a "users/idiots" guide?

E-mail sent...

Unlocker...blocked by hotmail?
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Scooby Lee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:04 pm

Scooby Lee wrote:

E-mail sent...

You're not having much luck!
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:06 pm

Scooby Lee wrote:
Scooby Lee wrote:

E-mail sent...

You're not having much luck!

Can you not put a link on here for me to download?
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Scooby Lee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:20 pm

'Zipped' version sent!
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:25 pm

Scooby Lee wrote:'Zipped' version sent!

Got it cant open it,gonna sign up get leads etc and sort mi self out :D

Gonna try and meet a fella off MLR and load in the 360 MIVEC remap-will let u know how it goes and can forward his e-mail if your interested :wink:
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Scooby Lee » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:34 pm

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:Got it cant open it...

Download the trial version of Winzip:

http://www.winzip.com/
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Fri Jan 19, 2007 10:59 pm

Scooby Lee wrote:
Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:Got it cant open it...

Download the trial version of Winzip:

http://www.winzip.com/

Gotta sign up for all sorts...will copy from work on monday 8)
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby danr55 » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:20 am

i'll be interested to hear how you get on with this :thumb:
danr55
Site Owner

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Sat Jan 20, 2007 10:52 am

danr55 wrote:i'll be interested to hear how you get on with this :thumb:

It will be in place fro Oulton :wink: and Ill be sending Leevo copies to look see :D
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Postby Anders_WR1 » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:02 pm

Spike "THE LEGEND" Mike XXX wrote:Anybody had any involvement? or know anybody who uses it?

All software is free to download from what I can see,you just need to buy a cable that runs between your ECU and laptop.

Been reading lots about it and it seems that most tuners"may"start using this software at a reduced rate to the ECUTEK mapping at 550 a pop!!!

I met up with some people at teh weekend and did some logging on teh evo-seems the "mapping" received is identical to the map somebody got at WRC!!! Basically just up the boost!!

No alterations to fuelling or the MIVEC where there are apparently alot of gains to be had. I was also advised that this is a better way of doing things and a boost controller is not essential as the current ECU can cope with dealing with the boost!!

The chap in question has downloaded maps from alot of vehicles including the latest 360 which is running 1.65-1.7bar boost!!

The boost can be lowered to 1.3 to get the results we currently have @ 380bhp!! so therefore running 1.5bar should be able to see well up into the 400 figures!!! And so far NO issues!!!

Seems we are sold alot of items by tuners that are not essential,so that they can do very little work with the biggest financial rewards(i think we all knew this anyway).

Im very tempte to get the hardware/cables and have a good look into what I can do with the EVO.

I will be chatting to the above fella a bit in the near future and I feel and will be trying to get my head around this before I attempt blowing up the EVO :lol:

I thought this was a WR1 forum, lol

I got my car mapped by Rich at Powerstation. I think it cost
Engine: FMIC with K&N CAIK, Oil Catch Can & MD321H turbo. Next mod: TBD
Brakes: Turbo Groove Discs, Pagid RS29's & Braided Hoses.
Suspension: Whiteline front and rear ARB's, ALK
Anders_WR1

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Sat Jan 27, 2007 7:14 pm

Anders_WR1 wrote:

I thought this was a WR1 forum, lol

I got my car mapped by Rich at Powerstation. I think it cost
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE

Next

Return to Tech Help