Login    Register

Scooby lee or Marky Mark,help......

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Scooby lee or Marky Mark,help......

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Sun Aug 13, 2006 12:22 am

Just say that I took my DV off and turned it around as if to blank it off and blank off the re-circ pipe back to the engine.

It "would make a lovely chatter sound" what are the consequenses of this?

the car would drive as norm except when lifting off at about 4k revs when it is not smooth on lift off its a "lumpy/lurching" ride.

Gear changes are better as it doesnt "drop" boost.

Ive read articles on the MLR saying lots of people do this as do some tuners(NORRIS DESIGNSetc etc) with no detremental effects on the turbo.

The only effect I can see is a slightly lumpy ride on lift off and the occasional "pop" from the zorst!!

Any input/advice would be appreciated.

Cheer's.

(my sensible thread for the year)
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Postby Gee Wr1 » Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:39 pm

Your putting a lot more strain on the turbo blades having the air rushing back over them stalling the turbo (giving that cool noise :D ) it will reduce the life of the turbo, by how much? i couldn't say but it does. The likes of Simon Norris has a budget that will extend to replacing turbos & as his car is a no comprimise it's all or nothing & if parts break he can afford to replace.
Gee Wr1

Postby Scooby Lee » Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:11 pm

......and the EVO IX is already pretty lumpy at 4000 RPM when cold. I'd hate to see what it would be like if it was made worse! :shock:
Sold out and bought an EVO......then sold it because it was rubbish!
Scooby Lee

Postby SPIKE LIKE MIKE » Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:14 pm

in all honesty mine is not lumpy at all on lift off with DV in normal position,maybe to do with the re-map as I was told it does make them run better anyway.

Have turned the DV back around for the mo as I cant be dealing with teh judder!!! apparently if you bung instead of turning around the effects are better.Will have a go after spa 8)
Crash bang wollop!!
SPIKE LIKE MIKE
"Special Needs" constable

Return to Tech Help