Login    Register

Underseal ?

Ask your technical questions here.

Moderators: WR 1mposter, The Swede, Megaman, danr55, WR1 Bro

• Author
Underseal ?

Postby The Swede » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:54 am

I remember the scoob looked very shabby underneath after having spent a winter here. The surfaces of all suspension elements and exhaust looked completely corroded.

Hope to avoid that with the Evo.

Since I don't fancy playing "The man from planet Mars" again at our local Mitsi dealer, I was hoping to protect the underside myself.

Any good ideas on how to do so ? What product to use ?

Want to protect the exhaust too and understand waxoil doesn't really work on that.

Asked the question on MLR but best these tw@ts could come up with was "remove the rust" (:confused: I got a brand f*cking new car !!) and "paint underside with Bitumen... :cuckoo:

Anyone ? Martin ? Marky ?
The Swede

Postby POESY » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:52 pm

Last time I waxoiled a car was my Punto GT a few years back.

Simply got the car as high as I could in the air on a combination of axle stands and ramps, washed down the underside as best I could by hand and let it dry good and proper before spraying the whole of the underside of the car.

The only things I masked were the brakes, suspension and around the oil filter. I removed the exhaust and the exhaust heat sheild. The stuff goes everywhere, into all the noucks and crannies (plus up your nose) and 1 coat was easily sufficient.

Easy job which was completed well within the alloted weekend and lasted years until the car was sold on.
POESY

Postby marky mark » Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:55 pm

I have no idea of the best stuff to use Sandy - sorry!
marky mark
JPs little helper

Postby The Swede » Wed Sep 27, 2006 5:37 pm

POESY wrote:Last time I waxoiled a car was my Punto GT a few years back.

Simply got the car as high as I could in the air on a combination of axle stands and ramps, washed down the underside as best I could by hand and let it dry good and proper before spraying the whole of the underside of the car.

The only things I masked were the brakes, suspension and around the oil filter. I removed the exhaust and the exhaust heat sheild. The stuff goes everywhere, into all the noucks and crannies (plus up your nose) and 1 coat was easily sufficient.

Easy job which was completed well within the alloted weekend and lasted years until the car was sold on.

So clearly the exhaust should not be touched ?

Why not the suspension, if I can ask. I would assume it's not running hot :?
The Swede

Postby WR 1mposter » Wed Sep 27, 2006 6:43 pm

Waxoil :wink:

Used a gallon on ours, and will go in again in the next couple of weeks to be done again :wink:

but i did get someone to do it for me who had a four post ramp,
and he will be doin it again..........one messy job :roll:
2007 BMW M5
2004 Petter Solberg STi
WR 1mposter

Postby The Swede » Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:29 pm

WR 1mpostor (aka number 1 moderator) wrote:Waxoil :wink:

Used a gallon on ours, and will go in again in the next couple of weeks to be done again :wink:

but i did get someone to do it for me who had a four post ramp,
and he will be doin it again..........one messy job :roll:

I'm gonna call you ! I need to know how to do it because your car always looks 8) underneath !! :thumb:
The Swede

Return to Tech Help